A comprehensive benefits package with plan options for health care and retirement to take care of our employees today and tomorrow.
- CONTACT US
- Benefits Office
- (505) 667-1806
Two plan choices
The Lab offers employees the choice between two medical plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBS). Both medical plans offer free preventive care and in and out of network coverage from the same network of BCBS providers.
High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) — A more flexible plan that gives consumers the ability to select the providers that offer the maximum value. The plan:
- has higher annual deductibles, but lower monthly premiums
- does not pay until after the annual deductible has been met, but
- meets the IRS requirements to qualify for the optional Health Savings Account (HSA) to set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible healthcare expenses to use towards the deductible
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) — A traditional medical plan with copays and co-insurance for covered services. The plan:
- offers lower annual deductibles, but with higher monthly premiums.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield now offers a convenient mobile app!
- Read more about Blue Access Mobile (pdf).