- Team Leader
- Debbie Martinez
- (505) 667-7253
Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP)
The instructions provided by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) are NOT to be followed in their entirety. LANL provides the guidance below so you can avoid unnecessary rejections and delays.
The process begins by clicking on the OPM link. Your computer system will then be evaluated to ensure your browser is acceptable and configured properly. These preliminary screens are in place to provide you with maximum privacy protection. Do not “hurry” past these important steps.
Continue to e-QIP:
Once you arrive at the OPM site:
- Go to the “I do not have an e-QIP account” to register for a Username and Password.
- This will also be the entry point for logging into e-QIP once you obtain your Username and Password.
- You must then enter your Social Security Number since you do not have a Request Number.
- You will be prompted to enter your “Golden Questions” as a challenge to ensure identity.
- Create a Username and Password making sure to comply with the requirements.
- Create challenge questions to be used in the event you forget your Username or Password.
You will be given the option of activating Two-Factor Authentication on your account. Information about this option is provided on the page.
Once you are authorized into the site, you will be given an option to download an archival copy of your previous e-QIP information to assist you with your data entry if you so choose.
You will then begin entering your data for the current investigation. The sections below represent typical problem areas for LANL workers based on phone calls into Personnel Security. Please review these suggestions to avoid unnecessary delays.
Warning: Do NOT follow the e-QIP instructions to certify, release, and attach signature pages. That will be accomplished at your review appointment with Personnel Security. This is the most common error.
There are several things that will cause your package to be rejected that e-QIP will NOT detect. These include but are not limited to:
- Section 12: If you have a high school diploma or GED, please enter the information in this section.
- Section 13:
- List the employer from whom you receive your paycheck. If you work for a contractor, list the name and address of the contractor as your employer. If you have transferred from a contractor to LANL, you must list both employers separately, even if you have continued to work at the same location.
- List current Type of Employment as Federal Contractor.
- LANL's street address is: Los Alamos National Laboratory, TA-3, Bldg. 1400, Casa Grande Drive, Los Alamos, New Mexico, 87545; telephone number (505) 667-5061.
- Your physical address should be where you are physically located, and should be in the following format: LANL TA-___ Bldg___, Room___, Street Name.
- Under each previous employer, provide a reason for leaving.
- Include all supervisor information.
- Section 18: If you are married, you must list a mother-in-law and a father-in-law, even if you do not know all the information requested. If you have sisters who are married and/or have used other names, you will need their marriage date(s).
- In all sections, use physical addresses; P.O. boxes are not accepted.
- All LANL addresses should be in the following format: LANL TA-___ Bldg___, Room___, Street Name.
- Section 20 C: LANL travel is not considered official government business. All foreign travel must be listed
- Section 29: When you have reached Section 29 and logged out, click here to notify Personnel Security you are ready to schedule an appointment to review your information. You will need to enter a LANL Cryptocard password for this final step and click the “OK” button. Note this step only applies to reinvestigations. If you are an initial clearance applicant or a reinstate applicant please disregard this step.
When you have reached Section 29 and logged out, click here to notify Personnel Security you are ready to schedule an appointment to review your information. You will need to enter a LANL Cryptocard password for this final step and click the “OK” button. Note this step only applies to reinvestigations. If you are an initial clearance applicant or a reinstate applicant please disregard this step.