Science & Engineering Capabilities
These capabilities are our science and engineering at work for the national security interest in areas from global climate to cyber security, from nonproliferation to new materials, from clean energy solutions to supercomputing.
- Accelerators, Electrodynamics»
- Materials Science»
- Bioscience: Bioenergy, Biosecurity, and Health»
- National Security, Weapons Science»
- Chemical Science»
- High-Energy-Density Plasmas, Fluids»
- Nuclear & Particle Physics, Astrophysics, Cosmology»
- Earth, Space Sciences»
- Information Science, Computing, Applied Math»
- Sensors, Instrumentation Systems»
Understanding what drives big fires and predicting their behavior helps the fire community prepare for the next blaze through appropriate land management, emergency plans and firefighting strategies.