- Travel Reservations
- (505) 667-1692
- Student Travel
- (505) 667-5859
Interview travel process
Interview travel will be reimbursed only when a Laboratory organization has invited a candidate to come to the Laboratory to interview for a specific job and the following process is used. Eligible expenses are paid post-interview only.
Before beginning, review Interviewee Travel Regulations (pdf).
- Interviewee applies for a job using the iRecruitment Jobs site.
- Interviewee obtains pre-approval for travel reimbursement from the hiring organization line manager before incurring any travel expenses. (Laboratory hiring organization administrator submits Interviewee Request Form 1792 to request approval for interview travel.)
- Interviewee or hiring organization arranges for travel. (To prevent charges and fees that are not reimbursable, book airfare and lodging through the Lab's Travel Reservations Team or directly through the airline company and hotel, not other websites.)
- Interviewee travels to Los Alamos for an interview with the hiring organization.
- After returning home, interviewee completes Interviewee Travel Authorization and Expense Worksheet 1127-I (pdf), attaches receipts for all incurred travel costs, then mails form and receipts to the hiring organization administrator. (Interviewee should keep copies.)
- Hiring organization administrator obtains line manager signature, then submits form and receipts to the Travel Office.
- The Travel Office processes the claim based on Federal travel regulations and mails the reimbursement to the interviewee using the address on file.
Allowed reimbursement expenses
Receipts are required for all expenses except meals. Reimbursement is based on Federal travel regulations.
- Enroute Travel: By plane or privately owned vehicle. Mileage over 400 miles requires an official fare quote.
- Rental Car: Rented throuth Hertz Car Rental using the Lab's corporate discount number (CDP) 72120.
- Gasoline: Used for rental car only
- Parking: At airport only
- Local Transportation: Taxies and shuttles
- Meals and Incidentals: Calculated based on the maximum allowable rate for the lodging location. See GSA Domestic Per Diem Rates.
- Lodging: Reimbursed at the Los Alamos rate, since it is the point of business.