Employees and retirees are the building blocks of the Lab's success. Our employees get to contribute to the most pressing issues facing the nation.
Steps to follow before you retire from the Lab
- Attend Course 11263 (access through UTrain), Retirement Planning for LANS Employees.
- Pick retirement date.
- Ensure a termination request is submitted in Oracle with "Voluntary Retirement" indicated as the termination reason.
Note: Ensure your manager uses the term “retirement” so you get coded in the system correctly. Termination date and retirement date do not have to be the same date.
Start your retirement benefits
Contact the below as applicable:
- To receive LANS pension packet – AonHewitt at Your Pension Resources (YPR)
- To receive University of California pension packet – UCRP At Your Service Online
- LANS 401(k) and Roth 401(k) – Fidelity Investments at Fidelity NetBenefits
- UC 457(b) or 403(b) – Fidelity Investments at Fidelity NetBenefits
- UC’s Capital Accumulation Payment (CAP) - UCRP’s At Your Service Online
- To enroll in LANS Health & Welfare benefits, wait for a letter from Empyrean Benefit Solutions. If you have not been contacted by Empyrean 15 days prior to when your coverage is expected to end, contact Empyrean directly.
Note: Eligibility begins the first of the second month following the date of termination from LANS, or the date your pension benefit begins if within 120 days of your termination from LANS, whichever is later. Once eligibility has been established, you have 31 days to enroll in medical benefits.
- Depending on your age, you may want to contact the Social Security Administration regarding your eligibility for social security and Medicare benefit.
Note: LANS requires each retiree, disabled member, and enrolled family member who is eligible for Medicare to enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B when first eligible. Those who do not comply will be terminated from coverage under the LANS medical benefit program and will not be eligible to re-enroll.