- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- (505) 667-5061
Los Alamos National Laboratory employs some of the world’s finest scientists, engineers, technicians, and professionals in multiple disciplines. The chart, below, shows the breakdown as of May 2012:
- 21 percent of Laboratory employees hold PhDs
- another 15 percent hold master’s degrees
The Laboratory also employs
- about 1,000 students from high schools, colleges, and graduate schools
- more post-doctoral fellows (444 in 2012) than any other Department of Energy national laboratory
Some 31 percent of all Laboratory employees are former LANL students or postdocs. That number jumps to 53 percent for R&D scientists and engineers.
See our student programs page for more information and opportunities.
- 121 R&D100 awards since 1978
- 31 E.O. Lawrence Awards
- Seaborg Medal
- Edward Teller Medal
- Nobel Prize in Physics: Frederick Reines