Ombuds Services for Technology Transfer
Technology transfer dispute resolution
The Ombuds Program offers dispute resolution assistance to the Laboratory's external stakeholders in areas of technology transfer and other community–based affairs that is consistent with Ombuds Standards of practice.
- To serve as a focal point for assisting the public and industry in resolving complaints and disputes with Los Alamos National Laboratory regarding technology partnerships, patents, and technology licensing.
- To promote the use of collaborative alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation to facilitate the speedy and low-cost resolution of complaints and disputes, when appropriate.
- To report quarterly on the number and nature of complaints and disputes raised, including the assessment of complaint/dispute resolution, consistent with the protection of confidential and sensitive information, to
- The Secretary of Energy;
- The Administrator for Nuclear Security;
- The Director of the Office of Dispute Resolution of the Department of Energy, and
- The employees of the Department responsible for the administration of the contract for the operation of Los Alamos National Laboratory that is the subject of the report, for consideration in the administration and review of that contract.
To learn about other Laboratory resources for businesses, visit: