- LANL Directory
- Badge Office
- (505) 667-6901
- Institutional Visits and Events
- (505) 667-2222
Location and directions
How to get to LANL
Los Alamos is located in Northern New Mexico about 35 miles (about 40 minutes drive) northwest of Santa Fe and 1 hour and 45 minutes drive from Albuquerque. Laboratory facilities can be found in 50 different work areas that are spread across 36 square miles. Below is the general location of the Otowi Building, Badge Office, cafeteria, and Research Library.
- Map with location of LANL
- Map from Santa Fe to LANL
- Map from Albuquerque International Sunport to LANL
- Albuquerque to Los Alamos printable map (pdf)
- Badge Office location (two pages) printable map (pdf)
- LANL Operations at TA-00, Los Alamos town site, and White Rock printable map (pdf)
Driving directions from Albuquerque International Sunport to Los Alamos
- From the Albuquerque International Sunport, follow the signs to I-25 North and proceed to Santa Fe.
- Take the Santa Fe Relief Route (NM 599, Veteran's Memorial Highway), around Santa Fe (Exit 276b) or exit at St. Francis Drive (NM 285) to go through Santa Fe.
- Proceed north on NM 285/84 to Pojoaque.
- Take NM 502 west to Los Alamos.
Driving distance: Approximately 100 miles
Driving time: approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes
Security access requirements
Access to the Laboratory is controlled by vehicle access portals (VAPs). Familiarize yourself with the Security Perimeter information and check this page for any changes in those requirements.