IN THIS ISSUE
- Lab’s Math and Science Academy seeks partnership school
Math Teacher Leader Network also in the works
- $2.5 million approved for Community Commitment Plan
LANS funds support community giving, economic development, and education
- Laboratory development considers environmental impacts
Projects are reviewed in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act
- Bruce Lee inspires Lab employee to learn martial arts
Lawrence Garcia shares love of Jeet Kune Do across the region—and beyond
- In other news
One museum to see before you die—and more
- For your calendar
Sweet events for the month of February
GRANT WRITING SUCCESS
The Laboratory’s grant-writing assistance program helped five organizations acquire $446,000 in grant money in 2016. The grants awarded include:
- $25,000 in EPA Building Blocks Program technical assistance to Questa Economic Development Fund.
- $30,000 from United Way to Barrios Unidos addiction treatment program in Chimayo.
- $50,000 from USDA Rural Business Development Grant (RBDG) to the Regional Development Corporation food entrepreneurship program.
- $91,000 from EPA to the New Mexico Wildlife Center for environmental education program.
- $250,000 from HHS-ANA SEEDS to Northern Pueblo Housing Authority for tribal entrepreneurship training.
In total, 26 organizations received some type of assistance from the program, and a total of 17 grant proposals were submitted.