- Badge Office
- (505) 667-6901
REAL ID Act in brief
REAL ID is a coordinated effort by the states and the Federal Government to improve the reliability and accuracy of state-issued identification documents, which should inhibit terrorists’ ability to evade detection by using fraudulent identification.
REAL ID implements a 9/11 Commission recommendation urging the federal government to "set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses."
Individuals without driver’s licenses from compliant states/territories must present alternative forms of identification.
Check the status of states/territories from which you hold a driver’s license.
Alternative forms of identification are:
- U.S. Passport (current or expired))
- U.S. Passport Card (current or expired)
- U.S. Military Card (current or expired)
- Permanent Resident Card (current or expired, non-US citizens only)
- State-issues birth certificate (hospital issued is not accepted)
Contact Jenni Martinez in the Badge Office with questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 667-5587.