Holiday Food Drive 2016
Helping feed Northern New Mexico families...reaching out to Northern New Mexico communities.
- Annual Food & Holiday Gift Drives
- Mike Martinez
- (505) 699-3388
- Community Partnerships Office
- (505) 665-4400
Participate in Laboratory’s annual food collection drive—through Nov. 17
Laboratory employees can continue to make a difference in the lives of others in local communities by participating in the annual Food Drive through Nov. 17.Employees also have the opportunity to participate in this drive by bringing a frozen turkey to work on Nov. 22; turkeys can be dropped off at the Vehicle Access Portal (VAP) at Diamond Drive and Jemez Road, at TA-3, the VAP on the east end of Pajarito Road and at the Community Partnerships Office, 1619 Central Ave., in downtown Los Alamos.
"Employee contributions of food will help make the Thanksgiving holiday much brighter for a Northern New Mexico family. Together we can make a difference,” said Mike Martinez of Community Partnerships, food drive coordinator.
These food item donations are requested:
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes
- 1 box stuffing
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 cans vegetables
- 2 cans sweet potatoes or cranberries
- 1 4-pound bag of sugar
- 1 5-pound bag of flour or biscuit mix
- 1 quart (32 oz.) vegetable oil
- 1 box cake or cookie mix
- 1 jar coffee, tea, or fruit drink mix.
Items should be packaged in a box, which allows for more efficient distribution through partner agencies.
Download the donation list (pdf) to print or view on your mobile device to make shopping easier. Or print this page.
Donated items can be dropped off at these collection sites around the Lab:
- Otowi Building, TA-3
- Wellness Center, TA-3
- Occupational Medicine, TA-3
- Nicholas Metropolis Center, TA-3
- MSL, TA-3
- NISC, TA-3
- NSSB, TA-3
- LANSCE, TA-53
- TA-55 Access Center and RLUOB
- CPO, 1619 Central Ave., downtown
- Acquisition Services Management, Central Park Square, downtown
- Pajarito School, townsite
- Bioscience Lab, Diamond Drive
- SAE, Central Park Square
- ADESH, TA-59
- Pueblo Complex, Diamond Drive
- CNLS, TA-3.
Donated food items and frozen turkeys will be distributed in time for Thanksgiving to Northern New Mexico families via these partners:
- San Martin de Porres Soup Kitchen-Española
- Taos Feeds Taos
- Wings for Hope-Santa Fe
- St Vincent de Paul, Abiquiu, San Juan, Chimayo, Española, Pojoaque
- Knight of Columbus, Arroyo Seco
- LA Cares-Los Alamos
- St. Elizabeth’s Shelter-Española
- The Food Depot, Santa Fe
Food drive efforts for 2015
During the Laboratory's 2015 Annual Food Drive, employees and subcontract workers once again demonstrated their generosity by donating more than 300 boxes of food items and 360 frozen turkeys (166 of them purchased from funds from Cray Computing). The Laboratory then partnered with 10 area nonprofit agencies within the seven counties of Northern New Mexico to distribute the donated food just in time for Thanksgiving.
In addition, for the pet supply drive, the Lab employees also contributed more than 500 pounds of dry dog food, 100 pounds of dry cat food, 25 blankets, more than 100 toys, 100 towels, 20 cases of canned food, and other pet supplies. The donations were given to the Los Alamos Animal Shelter and Española Valley Humane Society.