All foreign nationals including students and postdocs must complete this process.
- (505) 667-4451, Option 6
New-Hire Orientation Agenda
NOTE: Employees will be briefed on how to complete the required forms at New-Hire Orientation. If desired, you may review and complete the required documents and bring to New-Hire Orientation, but do NOT sign and date the documents.
- Form I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification (pdf): Los Alamos National Laboratory is a participant of E-Verify. Federal law requires Los Alamos National Security to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all individuals hired to work in the United States. In order to complete your I-9 form, you will need to bring one or two documents from the List of Acceptable Documents. Expired documents, document copies, hospital birth certificates and laminated documents are NOT acceptable. In addition, depending on your visa status you hold, you will need to bring original work authorization documents. See examples listed below. NOTE: Failure to provide required documents will result in delay and/or denial of employment.
- DS-2019 - Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status
- Form I-20 - Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Status
- Form I-797C - Notice of Action (receipt notice)
- Form I-797A - Notice of Action (replacement Form I-94)
- Employment Authorization Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Employee Profile Form (pdf)
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability (pdf)
- Voluntary Self-Identification for Veterans (pdf)
- Treasury Pension Tax (TPT) Packet
- Form 1990 - Conflict of Interest (COI) Certificate (pdf) - mandatory for LANL Ethics Department
- Payroll Direct Deposit (pdf) - For checking, bring a "voided" check. For savings, bring a letter or document from the institution with transit number/account number.
- Laboratory Policy Regarding Government Property (pdf)
- Intellectual Property Assignment and Confidential Information Agreement (pdf)