High School Co-op Program Selection Process
- Student Programs
- (505) 665-8899
Student selection process
Once all application materials are submitted, they will be reviewed for program eligibility. Students who meet the minimum program requirements will have their application materials posted on the Student Programs web site for all interested LANL hiring officials to view. Hiring officials are Laboratory employees who have the funding and work available to hire a student.
Once hiring officials have narrowed their search, they may contact the student directly to conduct a phone or in-person interview.
When a selection has been made;
- The student will be required to complete the online application.
- The hiring official will submit a hiring package to the HR Service Center for review and approval.
- Upon approval, an official offer letter is processed and emailed to the student.
- The student reviews and accepts the offer and returns the signed offer letter to HR Service Center within two weeks of receiving the letter.
- Once the signed offer letter is returned to the HR Service Center, the student schedules a drug test. When a negative test result is obtained, HR will confirm a start date and the student will be scheduled for the new hire orientation.
Please note: Students should not report to their worksite until they have gone through the hiring and orientation process.