Mentor, Protégé Program
- Small Business Office
- (505) 667-4419
Are you a protégé company eligible for assistance?
We provide developmental assistance to the protégé companies in an effort to enhance their capabilities in building a solid, established, and successful business.
The Mentor-Protégé Program is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) initiative designed to encourage and assist
- small disadvantaged firms certified by the Small Business Administration (SBA) under Section 8(a) of the Small Business Act [8(a)]
- other small disadvantaged businesses
- women-owned small businesses
- historically Black colleges and universities and other minority institutions of higher learning
- small business concerns owned and controlled by service disabled veterans
in enhancing their capabilities to perform contracts and subcontracts for DOE and other federal agencies.
The program is established and is consistent with U.S. Department of Energy Acquisition Regulation (DEAR) 919.70.
Successful implementation of the program should enhance the companies’ overall capabilities to a level to allow for ultimate performance and the ability to compete in any market.
For more information, visit DOE’s Mentor-Protégé Program.